Skip to main content

VLOMO2010-Day29-Unboxing Danica

Todays VLOMO moment is brought to you by Hot Wheels and Danica Patrick. The story goes like this. Some months ago The Sprite and I were in Costco where we saw a really cool large scale Ferrari R/C car for $30. Determined to own said item to add to his Jay Leno-esque car collection The Sprite set about saving his allowance. Weeks passed and when he finally reached the appropriate amount of savings we went back to Costco to make his purchase. Sadly once there we found all trace of the Ferrari was gone, they had sold their entire stock of that car. Not to be deterred we head home and to the power of Google and the Internet. After 3-4 hours of searching for large Ferrari cars in the $30 price range The Sprite had made his online purchase. Only now he was getting a Danica Patrick Indy car. Why? Who knows. We've never watched Indy racing, he has no idea who Ms Patrick is. But who am I to deny the boy to invite the lovely (and extremely fast) young lady into our house. After several days of waiting and asking when Danica will arrive, the box finally showed up on our doorstep...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY How To: Vanishing Fountain

Greetings. And welcome to another Just Do It DIY project. In this video I’m going to show you how I created this really cool vanishing fountain. Water features are always a great addition to your landscaping; and a vanishing fountain like this is stylish, compact and ultimately really pleasing to listen to. In the video I'll cover the following steps: 1. Assess & Design 2. Materials & Tools 3. Digging the  Reservoir 4. Building the  Reservoir  Form 5. Lining the  Reservoir 6. Installing the Aquablox 7. Installing the Pump 9. Finishing Touches Assess & Design For this project we wanted a water feature close to the front porch where we could enjoy the sound of water falling without having to build a huge pond, or fountain or waterfall. We chose a large concrete planter from a landscape supply store to use as our fountain, and to use an  Aquablox  so we could hide ...

Semanal08 : Week13 - Fun With Water & Leaves

Click to Play On a chill but pleasent spring morning, our little Sprite finds many an amusement in the back garden wonderland of fallen leaves, puddles, dirt and all manner of things to get himself filthy dirty and soaking wet. Oh well, boys will be boys. Anyhow, it keeps him busy and occupied for a time. Even if it means we have to rake up the leaves again after the G-Express ploughed through them for the umpteenth time.

I Miss My Mummy

Sometimes, a little boy just needs his mummy. Even though that little boy is 43 years old, mum still knows best, and every once in a while it's nice to go around to mum's house and soak the benefit of her worldly knowledge, advice and reassurance. Where is this sentimentality coming from tonight? This evening I had the pleasure of presenting a few samples of my work at the Orange County Multimedia Association Digital Video SIG. I was quite happy to be asked to do this, as I had been attending these meetings for many years and had wanted to present for a long time. One of the leaders and hosts of the group saw some work on my website and was suitably impressed to warrant an invitation to me to share some of my motion graphics tips and techniques with the group. So tonight I got to stand there for ten minutes showing off four of my best samples of work a a precursor to next months meeting where I will case study and dissect a project in detail. I received some great feedback for ...